Vietnam - Chamber of Commerce
DR. Vu Tien Loc
Chairman and President
During the years of war, the Chamber focused activities maintaining trade relations between Vietnam and certain countries and territories in response to the export - import demand of the country.
After the war, the Chamber expanded its activities all over the country, established relations with more and more countries in the world and involved in its fold an increasing number of economic entities. In 1982 the Chamber renamed itself the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam so as to expand its scope of operation to manufacturing sectors.
Since the "opening up" of Vietnam, the Chamber has embarked on a new phase of fast development in its own history with its Second National Congress in 1993 and Third National Congress in 1997.It continued to develop the scope and scale of its activities in keeping with the pace of the development of the country. Through its activities both in Vietnam and abroad, the Chamber has actively contributed to the renovation of the country, playing a significant role in the economic growth and transformation of the nation and the integration of Vietnam in the regional and international markets.
The Chamber is an independent, non-governmental organization enjoying the status of juridical person and operating on financial autonomy. It has the following functions:
* To represent the Vietnamese business community for the promotion and protection of its interests in domestic and international relations.
* To promote and offer assistance in trade and investment, economic and technological co-operation and other business activities of enterprises in Vietnam and abroad.
Introduction To Vietnam Chamber Of Commerce and Industry
The functions of the Chamber are as follows:
2. To promote the development of business enterprises, entrepreneurs, the cooperation among business entities and to offer assistance in trade and investment, economic and technological co-operation and other business activities of enterprises in Vietnam and abroad.
The tasks of the Chamber are as follows:
1. To collect and study the views and suggestions of business enterprises for reflection, recommendation and advice to the State on legal matters and economic policies for the improvement of the business environment;
2. To participate in the formation and implementation of the strategy for socio-economic development and international economic integration, to participate in the conferences, and missions for economic and trade negotiations in line with State regulations;
3. To facilitate forums, dialogues, and meetings between business enterprises, employers and governmental agencies, between business enterprises and the representative of employees and other relevant domestic and foreign organizations for the exchange of information and views on matters relating to business environment;
4. To conduct necessary activities for the protection of the legitimate interests of business enterprises and employers in domestic and international business relations;
5. To organize activities for the promotion and encouragement to business enterprises on the strict observance of laws, improvement of social accountabilities, good business ethics and culture and sound working relations, protection of environment, and participation in other social activities in line with the Chamber's objectives;
6. To assemble and align with business associations in Vietnam, to co-operate with chambers of commerce and industry, and relevant organizations of other foreign countries, to join international and regional organizations in line with the objectives of the Chamber and to help business enterprises participate in those organizations' activities.
7. To conduct activities for the development, promotion and improvement of the reputation of the business enterprises, entrepreneurs, commodities of Vietnam; to promote business supporting services; to assist businesses in developing trade and investment relations in Vietnam and abroad through such approaches as: match-making, seeking partners, providing information, guidance and consultancy to businesses; organizing study, market research, seminars, conferences, trade fairs, exhibitions, advertisements, and other promotion activities;
8. To organize training activities in appropriate forms to develop the human resources for business enterprises, to help entrepreneurs enhance their knowledge, management skills and business capacity;
9. To help in the registration and protection of intellectual property and technology transfer in Vietnam and abroad.
10. To issue Certificates of Origin for Vietnamese export commodities and to certify other necessary commercial documents, and the cases of force majeure.
11. To help domestic and foreign business enterprises in settling discrepancies, disputes through negotiation, mediation or arbitration, and to conduct in general average adjustment, if requested.
12. To conduct other activities which are assigned by the Vietnamese State or other organizations.
* Dialogue with Government
* Community Development
* Improvement of International Cooperation
* Assistance to Foreign Business and Business Associations
* Assisting Overseas Delegations
* Business Missions
* Trade Fairs, Exhibitions and Asvertisement
* Business Information
* Seminars and Conferences
* Consultancy Services
* Certificate of Origin (C/O)
* Industrial and Intellectual Property Protection
* Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises
* Employers' Activities
Vietnam chamber of commerce and industry
Business Information Center (BIZIC)
No. 9 Dao Duy Anh Str., Hanoi, Vietnam
Direct Line: 574 3084
Others: 574 2022 / Ext. 231
Fax: 574 2020; 574 2030
Web site: www.vcci.com.vn/English/Default.asp
International Relations Department
Tel: (844) 574-2161, 574-2162
Tel: (844) 574-2031
Tel: (844) 574-2017
SMEs Promotion Center
Tel: (844) 574-2163
|Ho Chi Minh City:||
171 Vo Thi Sau Street
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: (848) 823-0598, 823-0301
Fax: (848) 829-4472
256 Tran Phu
Da Nang City
Tel: (84-511) 821-719, 825-814
Fax: (84-511) 822-930
|Hai Phong City:||
10 Dinh Tien Hoang
Hai Phong City
Tel: (8431) 842-894
Fax: (8431) 842-243
|Can Tho City:||
29 Cach Mang Thang Tam
Can Tho City
Tel: (8471) 824-918, 825-638
Fax: (8471) 824-169
|Vung Tau City:||
36/6 Vo Thi Sau
Vung Tau City
Tel: (8464) 852-710, 859-651
Fax: (8464) 859-651
|Representative Offices Vinh City:||
254 Tran Phu
Tel: (8438) 561-109, 844-012
Fax: (8438) 842-026
|Nha Trang City:||
Nha Trang City
Tel: (8458) 511-927, 815-571
Fax: (8458) 810-363
180 Cecil Street, 08-02 Bangkok Bank Building
Tel: (65) 323-5683
Fax: (65) 323-5802